When you buy a product through a link on our site, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Keeping your tools organized is crucial, which is why you need the best tool box drawer liner. It’s not enough to have compartments in a tool belt or a soft tool bag to hold everything — you need a tool box and a drawer liner to protect both the tools and the box itself. With this being said, the following tool box drawer liner reviews and ratings can help you choose the best one for your needs and will also show why they are so valuable.
When you buy a new tool box or tool chest, you should have an idea of what is going to go inside. However, if you want to keep your tools stored in pristine condition, you can’t just toss them in with impunity. Read on to discover the best tool box drawer liner options so that you can keep your gear ready at all times.
In This Article
CASOMAN Professional Tool Box Liner and Drawer Liner is the best tool box drawer liner because it is 16 feet long, is extra soft and thick, and the top of the liner is even washable.
To ensure that you get the best tool box drawer liner, you need something that can be cut and customized to fit your box; the CASOMAN Professional Tool Box Liner and Drawer Liner is perfect because it measures 16 feet long. No matter how large your tool box is, you’ll have more than enough to cover each drawer.
What makes this liner so good is that it’s extra soft and thick. At 1/8 inches, it can withstand impacts and it will keep your drawers from getting dinged or bent. The top of the liner is washable, and it won’t collect dirt or dust. Simply wipe it down and it’ll be ready to go again. The bottom of the liner is non-slip, meaning that it will stay in place without glue or tape. Even though this liner is thick, cutting it is easy. You can put it inside your toolboxes and start protecting your equipment in minutes.
- Extra-thick design
- Won’t trap dirt or dust
- Non-slip bottom surface
- Easy to cut and customize
- The surface can look dirty easily because it doesn’t absorb particles
5S Tool Box Shadow Foam Organizers (2 Color) Custom Size is the best tool box drawer liner because it comes in two different pieces, has extra thick padding, and can be cut and customized for the best fit.
If you want to upgrade your tool box, you want something that can enable you to provide customized slots for each tool; fortunately, the 5S Tool Box Shadow Foam Organizers (2 Color) Custom Size is awesome. This is the best tool box drawer liner that will make sure your equipment stays in perfect condition.
What sets this liner apart from the competition is that it comes in two pieces. Each section is a different color as well so that they stand out from each other. The way it works is that you cut outlines of each tool on the top liner and place it above the bottom layer. Then, when putting tools away, each one has a dedicated spot within the tool box. No more clutter, no more damage. You can turn your tool box into a high-end model with just some time and patience.
The other thing we like about this liner is that it’s aerospace-grade foam. It will hold up for years to come, and it’s extra-thick to keep your tools snug, even when carrying your tool box.
- Dual-color system
- Cut and customize to fit all of your tools
- Extra-thick padding for better protection
- Size fits most drawers and can be cut down quickly
- Can take a while to cut through since foam is so thick
Duck Brand Select Grip EasyLiner Shelf and Drawer Liner is the best tool box drawer liner because it is machine washable, easy to cut, and available in a variety of sizes.
Duck Brand Select Grip EasyLiner Shelf and Drawer Liner is the best tool box drawer liner for those on a budget who don’t need professional-grade materials. Protecting your tools and your tool box shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. While you can buy liners that will enhance the function of your box, sometimes it’s better to go with a more cost-effective option.
Technically speaking, this liner can work for all drawers and shelves, not just the ones inside your tool box. The latticed design makes it easier to cut since you don’t have to slice through solid material. Also, the texture helps it stay in place without having to tape or glue down the edges. Overall, you can add this liner to your tool box in minutes and it will last for years. Best of all, this product is machine washable, meaning that you can extend its life even longer.
- Easy to use
- Comes in a variety of sizes
- Cutting is a breeze
- Non-stick surface
- Machine-washable materials
- Not as thick as other tool box liners
B&C Home Goods Professional Tool Box Liner and Drawer Liner is the best tool box drawer liner because it has grid lines on the surface for easy measuring and cutting, is wrinkle resistant, and has an anti-slip and anti-microbial surface.
B&C Home Goods Professional Tool Box Liner and Drawer Liner is an industrial-grade liner, perfect for protecting your tools and your box with little upkeep and maintenance necessary. When comparing the best tool box drawer liner options, you want something rugged that will hold up to your specific needs. For those who use tools professionally, a thick foam liner isn’t ideal because it will compress over time and start breaking apart.
One element we like about this liner is that it has grid lines on the surface. This makes it so much easier to measure and cut the right dimensions for your drawers. Also, even though it’s not as thick as other products we’ve seen, it’s compact and wrinkle-resistant, meaning that it will last a lot longer than the competition. This liner is also antimicrobial, so you never have to worry about mold or mildew developing.
- Extra durable material
- Grid lines for easy measuring
- Anti-slip and anti-microbial surface
- Wrinkle-resistant materials
- Meant to prevent scratches – doesn’t provide much cushioning
Mod-BoxMod-Liners Printed Tool Box Liner is the best tool box drawer liner because it is grease and moisture resistant, is easy to cut and customize, and has an industrial design.
If you want a liner that both looks cool and offers practical benefits, you’ll appreciate the Mod-BoxMod-Liners Printed Tool Box Liner. What sets this liner apart is that the surface is made to look like diamond-plated steel. So, if you want your tool box to appear industrial-grade without having to spend a fortune, this liner is an excellent choice.
When talking about functionality, this product is great because it’s easy to cut and customize, and it has a slightly tacky surface that helps keep tools in place. The bottom layer is also non-stick so that you don’t need adhesive to keep it in place. The whole liner has a reinforced scrim to help it stay in good condition for years to come, so you can feel confident in buying it. Finally, the material is grease and moisture resistant — perfect for working in the garage.
- Industrial design aesthetic
- Easy to cut and customize
- Non-slip bottom
- Surface repels grease and moisture
- In some cases, the material may rip while cutting, creating a jagged edge
Features to Consider for the Best Tool Box Drawer Liner
Because the best tool box drawer liner is a simple product, you may think that there’s not much to know about it. However, there are various features and elements of each tool box drawer liner review that can make a huge difference, so you need to be prepared when making your comparisons. Here is what you should understand about the best tool box drawer liners.
First and foremost, how much are you trying to protect your tools? Do you want to be able to toss them into the drawer with impunity? Perhaps you want a customized liner that can be cut around each tool, giving it a bespoke level of functionality. As a rule, thin liners are designed to prevent scratches and scuff marks, while thicker ones can handle tougher environments. Also, the thickness of a liner matters because it will reduce the amount of space within the drawer. So, if you want something extra bouncy, know that it will limit how many tools you can fit inside.
For the most part, all tool box drawer liners are created to help keep things from slipping and sliding around. However, some are more porous than others, which means that they can trap things like dirt and dust. Over time, you’ll need to clean the liner, so this feature will matter significantly. Do you want to have a thin layer of dirt on the bottom of your drawer, or do you want to be able to wipe the liner down and be done with it?
Just because the best tool box drawer liner is practical doesn’t mean it can’t look good as well. Some products are colorful while others have a specific pattern on it. Typically speaking, lighter colors will get dirtier easier. However, if the liner is black (or any darker shade), it can be tough to tell when it needs cleaning. Another benefit of multi-colored liners is that it’s easy to use them for customization. One of the colors will sit on the bottom with another on top so that you can see when a tool is missing immediately.
Usually, drawer liners come in a large roll, which you cut to fit into your tool box. Before making your decision, be sure to measure how much material you’ll need to cover all of your tool box drawers. Also, keep in mind any additional cuts, such as irregular-shaped surfaces. Finally, you can often use these liners for other drawers or cabinets, so if you’re going to have some left over, it won’t go to waste. In some cases, you may prefer getting extra so that you can protect other areas of your workspace such as the shelves in your tool cart.
Benefits of Using Tool Box Drawer Liners
At first glance, buying the best tool box drawer liner may seem unnecessary. After all, if your tools are high quality and you treat them well, what difference is a liner going to make? Here are the top reasons you should buy one of these products.
- Organization – if you opt for the high-end treatment, you can cut out slots for each tool (i.e., wrenches and screwdrivers) within the liner. This way, everything stays organized and it’s so much easier to find what you need. Even if you don’t go that route, drawer liners help prevent tools from sliding, which means that they are more likely to stay put no matter what.
- Cleanliness – no matter what kind of work you do, your tools are going to get dirty over time. While it’s best to clean your tools before putting them away, that doesn’t always happen. Liners are easier to wipe down and wash than having to scrub the bottom of your tool box drawer. Also, you can pull the whole liner out, rather than having to reach all the way back.
- Protection – the best tool box drawer liners will extend the life of both your tools and the parts of your tool chest by keeping everything protected at all times. Don’t worry about dents, scuffs, or scratches when you use these products.
Precautions of Using Tool Box Drawer Liners
Once you decide on the best tool box drawer liner, you want to make sure that you’re getting the best results for your money. Here are some potential drawbacks to be aware of when making your final choice.
- Cutting the liner – some liners are easier to cut than others. As a rule, you want to use a straight blade (i.e., a box cutter) instead of scissors. Not only can you be more precise, but you can avoid ragged edges. When cutting, be sure to pay close attention to what you’re doing to avoid accidents.
- Slippery surfaces – most liners are designed to stay in place without any adhesives. However, depending on the kind of tool box you have, some products may still slide—plastic tool chests can have this issue. If that is the case, you’ll either have to use glue or tape on the bottom or get a new liner altogether.
- Space limitations – as we mentioned above, thicker liners will reduce the amount of free space within your tool box. We usually recommend getting these liners if you plan on cutting out sections for each tool. Otherwise, they may be more trouble than anything.
When it comes to the best tool box drawer liner review, our top pick is the CASOMAN Professional Tool Box Liner and Drawer Liner. We like the thickness of the material — not too soft and not too hard. We also appreciate the easy-to-clean surface, which makes maintenance and upkeep a breeze. If you want to protect your tools and your tool box, Casoman is the best choice overall.